Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Out of every difficult time in our lives, there is always a choice we must make. Do we let it take away something from us, or do we see it as an opportunity to greatness? I guess the real question to ask is: Are we going to be a stronger person because of it? I would like to say that is always the case for me. I mean I know all things happen for a reason and I trust God to direct the path in my life. Sadly enough, no I dont always turn the bad and turn it into good...guess Im human, huh? Well, I have decided that its time to stop being pitiful, and just find the ME that I know is still lurking around somewhere. You see I have had a gradual loss of the things I have always been passionate about since I moved 4 years ago. You must know that since I was a teenager, I had to make beautiful food. Pastry, cake, salads, dinner entrees and even drinks! I have always had a heart for entertaining, nothing excites me more! The planning process is so much fun! I love to think of a theme to do the whole menu in. I love to have everything be an experience for my guests. I put lots on love in it, and I enjoy to see it received with smiling faces, and happy bellies!
This blog spot is an attempt to bring back the girl that creates, experiments and expresses the gift God has given. This by no means is my idea...me blog, kinda funny huh? My God has a sense of humor for sure and I hope this will be a neat journey that can be enjoyed by many!
The "plan" is to post ideas and pictures of things that people can experiment with and have fun with too. I love to inspire people to not be afraid of the kitchen, and to find the enjoyment out of entertaining and cooking/baking. I also want to experiment with cake ideas. I have so many techniques I want to do..so you can see how to do them with me.
May God be glorified as I do this "crazy" thing...and start sharing again. Its gonna be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited, and so proud of you. You do inspire me! Before you know it you will have a webcam and teaching classes internationally! Hey, you never know. Wow! Wouldn't that be cool! I am going to be following your blog. (sadly, I've been unable to blog lately, but perhaps this will spur me on again!!) I love you sweet Deb! See you in a just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever had a hero, you'd be it! I do love you so! You amaze me at how much you can accomplish - I just seem lazy next to you. LOL I miss you dearly my friend and would love to have your lemonade cookies, cause you know darn well - I ain't makin' 'em! LOL
    Love you to pieces my girl!

    ReplyDelete